Northern Print offers high quality practical teaching in traditional and contemporary print processes for primary schools across the north-east. We have a range of ways you can engage with us:
• Workshops delivered in our fully equipped print studio in Newcastle’s Ouseburn Valley;
• Workshops delivered in your school – we bring a portable printing press and all the materials and equipment you need;
• Online workshops delivered live through Zoom with materials and equipment sent out to you in advance; and
• A combination of any of the above, for example, an online session to introduce a print process, followed up by an in-person workshop in school or at Northern Print to explore the process in more depth.
All workshops are delivered by a practising Artist Printmaker using professional quality equipment, materials and papers. Tutors have extensive experience of working with primary-age children and are DBS checked.
"The activities were achievable for all; this was very significant as I have some children who can find art challenging, but they were pleased with what they had produced."
- Teacher feedback
Workshops are discussed and developed with teachers to design a bespoke offer taking into account:
• the themes, topics and subjects within your curriculum teaching;
• the needs and abilities of your pupils – workshops can be tailored for pupils with additional needs;
• the size of the group – some print processes dictate the number of pupils we’re able to work with; and
• whether you would like your pupils to achieve Arts Award Discover as part of your workshop (additional fees apply).
See our case studies for examples of past workshops and projects with Primary Schools.