Northern Print is an Artsmark Partner
We’re proud to be recognised as an Artsmark partner, Arts Council England’s creative quality standard for schools.
We always offer real printmaking processes with high quality materials, equipment and print expertise. Authentic experiences and decision-making are core to our work.
We understand your needs as an Artsmark setting and can help you along the way wherever you are on your Artsmark journey. We can support schools working towards Artsmark as we as those already established and wanting to develop further. If you want to know more about Artsmark have a look at their website.
If you are interested in getting more information and support you can also contact our local Bridge organisation who run regular Artsmark development days and support sessions, visit Culture Bridge North East for details.
There’s lots of different ways that we can help
What we do:
- Printmaking workshops and courses – either at Northern Print or we can bring our portable equipment to you. This can be to work with one group or a whole school.
- CPD opportunities – we have lots of classes and courses and can design something to meet your needs. We can also offer a teachers membership pack to access the studio during the summer holidays.
- Access to our programme of printmaking events and activities – many of which are free. This include demonstrations and meet-the-artist events with established artists from the region as well as internationally. We are happy to host behind-the-scenes in the studio visits and staff can talk about their own career choices and working lives.
- Access to a wider network of arts and culture – we can share our knowledge of what else there is nearby
- We sometimes offer occasional work placements opportunities
- Advice and ideas about how printmaking can work across the curriculum.
We aren’t really a ‘one-size fits all’ sort of organisation, so if you are interested in working with us just get in touch and we can talk things through. You can email us on email@example.com and we can arrange a time to talk on the phone.
“Some of these students pushed their work from an E grade to a B grade by using the press to generate high quality work.” - Teacher
“We saw the greatest impact with our least able students who struggle to communicate their ideas in a professional way through pencil or paint” – Teacher
“When the opportunity for ‘A’ to become engaged within Northern Print arose we felt it was the perfect progression for his development. I have since seen a substantial improvement in his confidence and skills.” - Coordinator for a mental health project
“The transformation of the young people in the group over the course of a workshop with Northern Print was remarkable; the young people gained confidence and pride in their work, as well as developing team working skills and communication skills. This workshop has been a springboard for engaging the group in creative learning opportunities that they might not otherwise have engaged with.”