Please note that throughout Ouseburn this event will run on Sat 23 & Sun 24 March,
however Northern Print will be open only on the Saturday 10am - 5pm.
Head to Ouseburn this March for a weekend of behind the scenes access to over 100 artist studios. This engaging annual event is perfect if you're planning to refresh your home, if you are curious about what happens behind the Valley's studio doors or if you are simply looking for a fascinating and relaxed day out. With plenty of bars and cafes to keep you fuelled as you wend your way from studio to studio, what better way to welcome the spring?
Participating this year are:
and of course Northern Print where you can:
- try your hand at printing from our laser cut wooden springtime shapes and make a print of your own;
- see artist Louise Pallister demonstrate drypoint printmaking using sketches of horses made at Stepney Bank Stables ahead of her course Drawing Horses and Drypoint;
- chat to the Northern Print team about our brand new courses for adults which are suitable for all abilities;
- browse hundreds of beautiful and striking original prints and ask us about framing options;
- view our current exhibition Rattlebag, an assortment of prints measuring 20x20cm by Northern Print studio artists and printmakers from around the world (all proceeds go towards supporting Northern Print’s charitable activities);
- discover our especially affordable smaller print section – particularly good if you are freshening up your décor on a tight budget but still want to purchase original art.
If you are wishing to make a more substantial, considered purchase you can pay in 10 affordable interest free monthly instalments using the Arts Council England supported Own Art scheme, just remember to bring proof of address and signature!
We hope to see you for some family friendly fun.
Images: Top: an assortment of prints by Katherine Jones. Click here to view some of Katherine's prints available online. Bottom: sketches by Louise Pallister.